Are you looking to spice up your lunchtime routine? These crackers are a great option for a lunchbox snack. They are grain and dairy free and have a delightfully cheesy flavour. You'll have to be careful, though, as they are very 'more-ish'!
Vegan, Dairy Free, Grain and Nut Free, Gluten Free
1 Chia egg (1 Tbs chia mixed with 3 Tbs water)
1 1/2 cups sunflower seeds
1/2 cup chia seeds
2.5 Tbs fresh rosemary (or 3/4 Tbs of dried rosemary)
1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 baking powder
2 Tbs coconut oil
1/2 tsp salt
1. Prepare the chia egg by mixing 1 Tbs of chia seeds with 3 Tbs water and let it soak for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 180C (300F).
3. Blitz the sunflower seeds in a high powered blender to make a flour-like consistency and add them to a bowl.
4. Mix in the chia seeds, rosemary and nutritional yeast flakes, garlic and baking powders.
5. Mix the chia egg and the coconut oil together then add to the mix of dry ingredients. It should form a dough consistency.
6. Roll the dough between two sheets of baking paper to a thickness of 1/2 cm.
7. Use a pizza cutter to cut into 5cm squares.
8. Bake for 40 mins or until the edges are golden.
9. Allow to cool completely before trying to break the squares apart and can be enjoyed with hummus.
Adapted from the Rosemary Parmesan Chia Seed Crackers recipe found on: www.alldayidreamaboutfood.com
@theguthealthmd #guthealth#plantbasedfood #theguthealthmd#eattherainbow #healthydesserts#wholefoods #cleaneating#gutbrainconnection #recipes#healthyrecipes #vegan #vegetarian#eatclean #lunchboxideas #healthyfood#nutrition #delish #delicious #yummy # #foodie #yum #foodblogger #foods#foodphotography