Updated: Aug 26, 2019
Vegan comfort food - warm creamy pasta! When it's pumpkin season, this is a great dish to fill you up and keep you fueled. Made with only 8 ingredients is it easy and quick to put together and satisfying to the taste buds.
Vegan, Dairy Free
1/2 cup soaked cashews, 60g
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp oil
3 cloves garlic fresh
1 cup pumpkin puree 225g
4 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes, 32g
Salt and pepper to taste
250g wholemeal pasta
1. Blend cashews and water in a high powered blender until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and saute the garlic for 1 minute.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add the pumpkin, nutritional yeast flakes and the cashew cream. Cook together until combined and heated through.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Prepare the pasta according to the packet instructions.
6. Mix the pasta through sauce or serve on top of the pasta. Enjoy!
Tip - Sage is a great accompaniment to this dish. It can be fried in a small amount of oil until crispy in a clean pan and sprinkled on top. Another option is to season the sauce with nutmeg.