This has to be my favourite celebration platter to create. This week we got to celebrate the wonderful milestone of our Dylan's Year 6 graduation. In Australia, that means the end of primary school.
This dish brings back wonderful memories of times in the kitchen with my precious, adventurous foodie friend. She has lived in multiple, exotic locations and picked up delectable recipes from all over the world. My Laura continues to inspire me. She taught me this recipe with a marzipan centre. I have tweaked the recipe to make it vegan.
Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
Serves 20 snack portions
20 dates, sliced one side through
20 turkish apricots, sliced one side through
40 walnuts halves
1/2 cup blueberries
1 punnet of strawberries
2 1/2 cups almond meal
6 Tbs maple syrup
200g 70% dark chocolate
1. Blend the almond meal and maple syrup with a spoon and roll into marble sized balls in your fingers. You will need 60 balls
2. Fill the fruit with the marzipan and squeeze 2 walnut halves onto two sides of one ball.
3. Break the 70% dark chocolate into glass bowl and place over a pot of boiling water. Stir until melted.
4. Dip one half of all the marzipan filled fruit, nuts and berries into the chocolate. Lay onto a sheet of baking paper to cool and set.
5. Arrange on a platter and serve.