The beauty of this dish is that it is simple, wholesome food, prepared simply. Fried banana might not be something you have tried before, but I challenge you to give it a try because it can add a beautiful sweetness to the balance of flavours. The beauty of this salad is that you can add your favourite ingredients to give little bursts of flavour - my new found ingredient crush is garlic stuffed olives.
Vegan, Dairy Free
2 Tomatoes, diced
2 cup salad greens
1 400g tin of 4 bean mix, drained and rinsed
4 green olives
1/2 onion, sliced
1/4 capcisum, diced
1 Tbsp hemp seeds
1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
salt to taste
2 potatoes, sliced thinly
2 bananas, sliced lengthways
1. In a bowl, toss the salad greens, tomatoes, beans, olives, onion and capsicum together.
2. Split the salad mix between to separate small bowls. Squeeze the half lemon juice over the top and a pinch of salt.
3. Sprinkle the seeds on top and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan and fry the potatoes until golden and tender. Season with a pinch of salt. Fry the bananas until they are caramelised.
5. Serve on a plate along with the salad and enjoy!